I was standing in the kitchen, watching through the window, waiting for the clock to hit 11:00 am. The windows were wide open and I was just staring. In front of the sink. Washing the dishes.
It was a foggy sight of a cloudy sky that would hide completely the mountains. The wind would blow so hard, the clouds would move like they were dancing. Almost as if the skies were preparing to sneeze. Still, I just washed the dishes.
I was washing the dishes from last night. We had a party because it was Paul’s birthday and after all of that fun, I didn’t feel like cleaning. I wanted to go to bed, hug Paul and sleep. My history class was at noon and I had to turn in a paper about nothing of the Renaissance man. I had to leave at 11:00 am. Maybe the clock would save me from having to clean all of those dishes.
Still washing the dishes, I kept thinking I wanted to be a painter. To be able to get a hold of one of those moments were you feel in the middle of something. Like when a girl is about to cry, you can see her eyebrows frowning and her watering eyes melting away. Like when a storm is about to burst. A tiny moment when you feel you are taking a small glance of the future.
The clock was ticking away the moments till I’d be free from my chore. Close, 10:58. The sky started to fall into the ground, hard. The wind would shake the windows from side to side. The clock announced it was finally 11:00 am, and the window closed so hard, the glass broke. I closed my eyes. I could not think between the sound of the clock and the sound of the glass.
With my mind still, I opened my eyes. Reached out to the window to close it once in for all. And that’s when I realized I was pouring blood out my hand.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario